Multi track recording, mixing, editing, MIDI Sequencing - $75/hr
Composing & Arranging - Call for a quote
CD/Sound Mastering - Call for a quote
Custom Music - Call for a quote
* A deposit of 50% of the estimated studio cost for each session must be paid prior to the scheduled time of the session. This deposit is non-refundable. We accept all major credit cards, cash, and checks. Checks will have to clear with the bank before starting any session. There is a $35 fee for returned checks. No materials will be released prior to full payment. All duplication orders require payment in full before work will begin.
*Sessions begin at the time they are booked. If the client is late for any reason, he/she will be charged from the scheduled time. Please call if you are going to be late.
*The client affirms that he/she is the rightful owner or assignee of material to be recorded or reproduced. Sounds Like Hale LLC & our employees are not responsible for copyright violations, talent or creative royalties, mechanical reproduction licenses, or any other liabilities for such material. Client also agrees to indemnify Sounds Like Hale LLC and its employees for any and all claims, costs, losses, detriments and expenses of any kind or nature. Including, without limitation, attorneys fees and cost incurred by Sounds Like Hale LLC by reason of any breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or agreement made by client.
* Absolutely no smoking, alcohol, illegal/illicit substances, or illicit behavior is allowed on the premises. Sounds Like Hale LLC is a non-smoking, drug free facility. Any behavior deemed unprofessional or inappropriate of artist, artist’s guests, and crew will result in immediate removal from facility and/or termination of this agreement and project.
* Non-Alcoholic beverages are allowed in the recording spaces, so long as care is taken to keep them away from equipment. No food or beverages are allowed in the control room.
*Sounds Like Hale LLC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property left on premises.
*Only persons essential to the recordings will be allowed in studio sessions.
*Sounds Like Hale LLC, reserves the right to change rates and policies with out prior notice, except on signed agreements and packages.
*Cancellation and No Shows: We require 72 hours or 3 days advance notice to cancel or re-schedule all music sessions. If the 72 hour requirement is met, we will apply your deposit to another date and time. Deposits are non-refundable.
*Sounds Like Hale LLC, prefers to have a member or agent present during mix sessions. This is a critical process and requires many artistic decisions. Sounds Like Hale LLC, will mix without a member or agent, but takes no responsibility for final product. Mixes are not guaranteed.
*Sounds Like Hale LLC, reserves the right to refuse service.
* The hourly rate does not include the cost of any media (CDs, etc.), nor do they include the cost of studio musicians or equipment rental. We have access to top quality musicians in all styles.
* Depending on how long a recording session may be, breaks will be taken at regular intervals (ie; 15 minutes after every hour). The client will not be charged for such breaks.
* It is the client's responsibility to book enough studio time (this includes time for recording, editing, mixing, and mastering).
* At the end of the final recording/mixing/mastering session the data will be available for the client to upload into their own external hard drive. All data will remain on the studio hard drive for a period of 30 days after which the data will be erased with no backups made.
*Use of Instruments
Sounds Like Hale LLC, has a considerable selection of musical instruments. This equipment is offered to the client for use or rent with the stipulation that the instruments and other gear are used with care and respect and that the client takes responsibility for any damage done to any instrument or gear while being used by him/her or their associates. Some of these instruments are free of charge as a service to our clients. We ask that you treat this equipment with the utmost care. Damage to the studio property of any kind that are a result of anyone in client's party or group will be assessed to client's account.
*Backup Policies and Data Storage
In this new age of digital recording, audio file and session file storage has become a major issue for studios and clients. Due to this, Sounds Like Hale LLC, does not guarantee the safe storage of these files.
It is the client's responsibility to provide for storage of all session files. There are two ways to do this:
1) Bring your own Mac-compatible external hard drive (see requirements below) to the session and request for your audio and session files to be transferred. File transfer/backup time is billable at normal studio rates.
2) purchase blank CDs or DVDs from the studio for backups to be burned. In either case, the client is responsible for the backups' safe keeping and should not leave their backups at the studio. Once your audio and session files have been transferred to the medium of your choosing, Sounds Like Hale LLC, assumes no further responsibility for the safe keeping of this data. Failure to make arrangements regarding file storage will result in your audio and session files being deleted from our drives.
External Hard Drive Requirements
* Size: We normally recommend 80GB as a minimum size, however this varies widely depending on various factors. Please contact us to verify that you are purchasing a large enough drive for your needs. Keep in mind that cost-per-gig drops as drive size increase, so buying a large drive up front can be cost-effective in the long run; it never hurts to have spare storage space.
* Quality: Manufacturers such as Maxtor, Seagate, Western Digital, Lacie, and Glyph; these brands have a higher chance of maintaining your data's integrity. We also recommend drives with metal housings for durability. Remember that skimping on quality could be very costly down-the-road. Fan-less designs are also quieter for studio use.
* Specs: Access Time must be 10ms or less. Drive speed must be at least 7200 RPM.
* Ports: Drives must be both USB 2.0 and Firewire 800/400 capable.
* Formatting: Your drive will need to be formatted for the studio in which you are working. Please consult with us and allow us to do the formatting.
These are only general guidelines for hard drive selection. Please call us before making a hard drive purchase so that we can discuss the requirements for your specific needs.